Saturday, June 4, 2011

summer loves

Summer is finally in full swing. Summer is my favorite season in Steamboat. They (meaning the locals) say that you come for the winters but stay for the summers which I have found to be totally true.

I love summer because...

When I go to Elk River Farm and Feed to pick up dog food baby chicks are in!

Cherries are in season and make for a healthy afternoon snack on a hot summer afternoon. * I apologize for the poor photo quality but I need to mess around with the settings on my camera more.


Summer means its time for summer camp at my preschool :)


I love the tulips that grow every summer below our front steps. I was not blessed with a green thumb have but this year I am determined to keep alive a tomato plant.


I love summer birthday celebrations. Last night we celebrated Harper's Birthday in Harwigs private wine cellar, oh la la. We had wonderful apps, carrot cake and a pink champagne toast to the birthday girl. Notice all of the corks on the ceiling.


During summer Steamboat holds a summer running series. Tomorrow will be the first official race of the series with the Steamboat Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k. I will be running the half marathon! This photo is from last years half marathon, it was my first half marathon.

Wish me luck tomorrow!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment