Monday, May 30, 2011

Bolder Boulder

Happy Memorial Day!

First, I would like to say welcome to my blog. This is my very first post so please bare with me on the typos, poor grammar and boring displays. I typically use my computer to play on facebook, read celeb gossip, fitness and cooking blogs so the idea of creating my own is new to me.

Second, please take the time today to honor those who have and are serving in our Armed Forces. It's because of them that we enjoy the freedoms we have. Thank you to all of our veterans! I celebrated our veterans by partaking in the Bolder Boulder.

The Bolder Boulder is a 10k that takes place in Boulder, CO. Johnny (my bf) and I drove down to Boulder for the weekend so I could participate in one amazing race! The course takes place in downtown boulder and is famous for being family friendly, with everything from spectators on stilts to belly dancers to bbqs with slip 'n slide. It was a total blast and flew by! I made sure to wear florescent pink to make it easy for Johnny to spot me among the thousands of runners.


Johnny and I made a plan to meet at Ralphie (CU's mascott). Fellow CU alum may recognize the brick in the background from Folsom Stadium, oh how I miss going to Buff's games :( Once Johnny found me we waited in the stands to watch his sister, Claire and her friend Steph cross the finish line. While waiting we took a quick picture.


After the race we had a wonderful mexican themed bbq courtesy of Johnny's family. The bbq consisted of mole chicken, braised pork ribs, brown rice, black beans and a corn salsa. One would think after all that food that I wouldn't be able to think or look at food again but I couldn't possibly leave Boulder without hitting two of my favorite hot spots...Whole Foods and fro yo (short for frozen yogurt). 

With a car full of groceries, dogs and maybe a few Target items we made the three hour drive back to Steamboat.

I hope you enjoyed my very first post with many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment