Tuesday, June 14, 2011

first farmers market

On Saturday Steamboat held its first farmer's market of the summer in front of the old courthouse. I try to go every weekend for the bread, oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies, fresh produce, and free samples.

My favorite bread is the multigrain, which I use to make panini's and cheddar jalapeno focaccia, only half makes it home because I eat the other half while walking around.

I love Chocolate Soup's oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies. I am learning to road bike and saved my cookie as my treat if I made it home safe from my longest road bike ride yet, yippie for 20 miles!

My favorite part of the farmers market is the free samples! I love tiny bites and I love free :) Johnny makes fun of me because they have the same samples every week but every week I bring the same empty belly and excitement.

After walking around to the vendors, I asked one to take our picture.


As we walked away he said "have a great time while you are in Steamboat!" Instead of smiling and walking away like a normal person I replied, "actually we live here," and explained the photo was for me new blog.

Before leaving the farmers market I snuck a kiss.


Awwwwwwww.

I would like to apologize for the lack of photos and recipes of food. I am new to the blogging world and will try to start sharing my recipes. For instance, my quick and healthy meatballs...

Last night we used some elk meat to make hamburgers and I used the other half to make meatballs for today. I used half a pound of elk meat, 1 egg, 1/2 tbsp. of EVOO (olive oil, or what Rachel Ray refers to olive oil as), 1/4 c. of panko bread crumbs and italian seasoning. I baked all 6 of them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then turned them over and baked for 5 more minutes. Johnny ate his with provolone on a roll for lunch and I ate mine with a little red sauce, mozzarella and spinach.

*Next time I promise to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment